
Yikes, I've been slacking. It's been a month to the date since my last blog post. Thanks for all the love and support on that particular post by the way, I was exceptionally nervous about it. March and April were pretty swamped for us, John's heart took center stage for a few weeks and then Hunter decided to try and show him up and landed him self in the children's hospital for a week which is where we celebrated their first Easter and half birthday. No one ever said parenthood was boring. Things finally seem to be calming down around here and heading in a "normal" direction. John's heart is stable for the time being and he'll be seen again early June, and Hunter is back on NG tube feeds. Don't ask me for how long because my answer will be the same as it's always been "That is up to him" and right now he's pretty set on having everything in his mouth that's not a bottle. Stubborn little guy. Wonder where he gets that?
6 months in I feel like I've really found my groove as a momma. And as always things in our world continue to be full speed ahead. I finally feel like I've mastered leaving the house with both of them, which I had to do since it seems for one reason or another this family is always on the go. We are taking John and Hunter on their first real adventure in less than two weeks we're hoping a plane to see my best friend graduate college and visit friends in my hometown. And per Denman usual we have something big every month from May until New years ranging from weddings, birthday and trips. The in between will be filled with parks, doctors appointments and trips to the pool.
In the six (and a half) months since John and Hunter entered the world, I truly feel like it's become a happier place. Not just for us, but for our family and friends because lets face it if their in your life that is something to smile about. Everyone always tells us that we have the happiest babies, and I really can't argue with them, we are so lucky. And it definitely makes me feel like I must be doing something right as a mom. They've taught me so much about myself since the moment we decided to get pregnant. It's crazy to think that this time last year we were prepping for our gender reveal and the year before we were knee deep in fertility testing. I seriously do not know where the time is going. We've already set the date for their first birthday party,
which I will admit I'm totally stoked for! May the next six months be as wonderful as the ones that came before it.
Until next time (And hopefully it wont be a 1 whole month),
Momma D

No comments:
Post a Comment