Monday, April 21, 2014

Road trips and waves

It occurred to me today that I haven't given an actual update in a couple of weeks we've been all over the place. Being on the productivity roll that I am today I figured why not throw a blog update into the mix. I started my pregnancy scrap book complete with all my chalk board photos up to 11 weeks and some of the adventures we've had a long the way. I spoke with my photographer friend about a late summer maternity shoot and I bought the twins 3 gender neutral outfits from the clearance section at Babies R Us. Over all a great way to kick off the week. I think it's safe to say my energy is making a comeback! I've found myself in the kitchen a little more recently, it's been nice I've missed cooking. And the house isn't suffering so much the last week or so.

The weekend before last we loaded up my old Explorer and took a road trip to Dallas where we visited family. It was such a good time, Dallas is so pretty the weather was beautiful and of course we were in great company. We watched Taylor's little cousin play baseball, it was such a good game. I definitely know now how easy it is for people to get into a sporting event I was cheering from the stands. Sunday morning we got out before the rain set in (though it ended up following us most of our trip back in to The Woodlands). We were sad to leave so soon, but excited to be going home with the first part of our nursery. We set everything up as soon as we got home. I can't help but stop and look in their bedroom every time I walk past it's so surreal. I am still in disbelief that in a short 5 months one of our babies will be sleeping in that crib and soon their little cloths will fill that dresser.

On Good Friday we took our annual spring beach camping trip with friends. It was so much fun. It's always one of my favorite things we do during the year, hanging out by the camp fire with good friends listening to the waves crash and waking up on the beach the next morning. This year was definitely different, no drinks were had by me and I crashed way earlier than everyone else. I popped a bunch of squats (to pee a zillion times) in the dunes though that didn't change, but they were pregnancy induced instead of alcohol.We also learned that apparently the Coast Guard isn't a fan of campers using flares to start their fire. Lesson learned. The next morning we were absolutely disgusting and exhausted but as always it's worth it every time. Taylor and I both napped when we got home, me longer than him. Lol. It's crazy to think that in a few years we will be bringing two tag alongs to this very same trip, I can't wait to share this tradition with them.

The last few weeks have been great, I can't believe how fast everything is going by. Easter was relaxing and quiet. Taylor worked until 7pm and I made us a big Easter dinner and filled baskets for him and myself. Of course I couldn't pass up getting the twins each a little something too. Next week we have our NT scan and this week we hit the 3 months mark! What an amazing accomplishment?! I am so proud of my little Pumpkins. Just five more months until they make their projected double early arrival. Holy cow, we're going to have two babies before Halloween. How crazy is that!? Fourth of July will be our last major holiday as two. Part of me wants the next five months to speed on so I can hold my babies and the other part of me wants them to slow down so I can cherish these days just a little bit more. My pregnancy up to this point has not been picture perfect and having complications even with them not effecting the babies can really put a damper on things. I wont lie I have hard days where I feel like crap or I lay in bed and worry about them. But I am so blessed to be their mommy and I would endure so much more than I have for them, and I would do it all over again.

Until next time,
Momma D
XOXO

1 comment: