Happy June readers! Happy June indeed. I took a peak at our calendar for June and July and it looks like our summer is going to fly. Which is good news to me because I'm ready for a pumpkin spice latte and some baby kisses. Hurry up fall! This week marks half way, and I'm a little in shock over it. I still can't believe I'm THIS pregnant. For those of you less informed about multiples (and let's be honest, I was until I started nannying multiples) let me clarify for you. I'm half way for MY pregnancy. The technical half way is still two more weeks away but knowing that my doctor is taking me between 36-37 weeks (10/10-10/17) makes week 18 a week for celebration in my books! The boys were weighing in at 5 and 6oz with Hunter being our chunker at our last ultrasound. They're also very active, which eases a paranoid momma's mind.
This week has been a busy one. I "retired" from nannying, a huge change for me after two years. I'm officially a stay at home mom now! I also attended my first Woodlands Mothers of Multiples meeting Monday night, I'm really excited to be a part of this group and everything that they have going on through out the year. We've really loaded down on baby gear and hit the ground running getting ready for the boys! And my dad and Taylor got to work on some bookshelves for our little guys. We also now have both shower dates set in stone which I'm totally excited about. And if all that's not enough I insisted we rearrange our bedroom, trust me it's better this way. Obviously Taylor did all the heavy lifting so no worries. As for next week, my first full week of not working is totally jam packed. Picnic with friends, my obsession (Pretty Little Liars) returns to Tuesday nights, I am catching my aunt at the airport during her layover (yay) and we're heading out to the sticks to visit family on Friday night. I don't think i will be getting stir crazy this summer!
I'm super exited that we've made a dent in filing the boys closet! Thanks to some good friends and their adorable little boy, the boys God Mom (my best friend Nikki) some second hand shopping and clearance racks we are making some progress in the ways of not having naked children. I've had way to much fun with this. I will say fall/winter babies are exceptionally difficult to shop for in the summer. We are still lacking in the newborn - 9mo departments but just wait the stores are seasonally correct and we will knock it out fast! Everyone seems to want to know if we will "match" our boys. My answer to that is what fun are twins if you don't match them?! Will I go out of my way to do it daily though? That's a no, but birthdays, holidays, special occasions and the occasional just because of course! Currently they own only one matching outfit (and it was Christmas clearance) because like I said earlier stock is limited. I'm so excited for the fall inventory to roll in this August.

Until next time,
Momma D
XOXO

Until next time,
Momma D
XOXO

No comments:
Post a Comment