Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Ms. Lora goes mommy

The last two years of my life have revolved a lot around someone else's kids. Someone else's twins (plus one) for that matter. How's that for job experience moving into the stay at home mom world?

I've leaned something new every day from these girls. But here are the top 5 lessons I've learned from the good days, the bad days, the outings, the rainy days and the adventures that I intend to take with me into motherhood. 

1. Don't be so quick to judge the mom at the store with the screaming kid. 
Correct me if I'm wrong but the thing I hear most about our generation is we are to "inttitled". Kid cries/screams/demands and mom gives in, bam building that sense of intilement. Mom stands her ground despite the dirty looks from people at Walmart and says "no!" Good for her. I aploud you for not giving in, it's hard and you're doing a great job. And you with your judging eyes, back off.

2. Kids love you first and foremost and unconditionally. 
It doesn't matter to them if you've made a collosial mistake in your own eyes, if you feel like crap or look like warmed over death all they want is to love and be loved by you. And sometimes just sometimes those little arms around your neck make the hardest days more than bareable. 

3. Music is a powerful thing. 
I remember shortly after the radio went out in my explorer (Greeny as we call 'him' according to Hannah) I was stuck in traffic with all three kids. They were tired, hungry, and wanted nothing to do with eachother. At a loss I belted 'supercalifragilisticexpialidocious" at the top of my lungs. And to my surprise we sang and laughed the whole way home. I have since then created a work playlist on my phone, they love it. 

4. Always, always keep snacks on hand.
Seriously does this one even NEED an explanation?  

5. Finally, their only little once. 
I can not believe in the two years I've been working one on one with these three girls how much they've changed and grown. I am attending a kindergarten graduation next week for crying out loud HOW did that happen? I am so thankful to have been apart of making the early childhood memories with them, have watched them grow and to have shared some "firsts" with them. Two years have come and gone to quickly. 

With all that being said I've got roughly 6 more days of work. Mixed feelings doesn't begin to describe it. While I am so excited to embark on my new job title of full time mom, there will definitely be tears on my part when I walk out of that house for the last time as the nanny. It's been an experience I would never give back. And if there's one thing I'm sure of it definitely will NOT be goodbye.


Until next time, 
Ms. Lora 
Xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment