Who has two thumbs and three stretch marks? This girl! That didn't take long at all. Maybe it hasn't set it but I'm surprisingly okay with them, it means I've made far enough TO stretch which in my book is a HUGE accomplishment. I also with the new laundry detergent got my leg rash/itching under wraps but the upper half of my body remains driving me crazy. Which may explain the stretch marks.
Aside from my three new fleshy mommy tattoos I've also reached another huge step. We have movement folks! It's not constant and it's not defined kicks more like the occasion wave trough my tummy, but definitely not gas. It's just different. I can catch it after a sprite if I'm laying down paying attention. Just when I thought I couldn't fall more in love with these boys they assure me there is more in store. It's so amazing and I can't wait until they really pack a punch so that Taylor can share the experience with me. My doctor said not to expect those until around 20 weeks but they could happen sooner being I'm a bit more slender and we've got two, here's to hoping!
So far the second trimester lives up to the hype. I'm feeling really good, and I'm up eleven pounds! Just five more weeks to pack on those last six pounds. The boys and I are up for the challenge. Then we start working towards the goal of 25 more before their born! I've gotten really aquatinted with tums and fiber one the last couple of weeks. I tell you acid reflux and chips and salsa are not a good mix, but I can't resist them. Being off my metformin (my last infertility related medication) was a huge step I've definitely been nervous not having my insulin controlled. We still have a few weeks until the glucose test, honestly I will be more surprised if we pass than if we don't, but I'm praying for the best.
No real update on the boys. Their heart beats are coming in great on our home doppler and as stated above they are getting more active in there. I read this week that last week they week they started interacting with eachother. So cool, I bet they're best friends already. I go back to the obgyn for a routine visit next week and an ultrasound with my specialist the following week. I never get tired of screen time with my little guys!
I can't believe how fast things are going. Plans are underway for both baby showers and I've made a "to do before the end of July list". The list consists of things like:
- interview pediatricians
- finish nursery
- stock up on diapers
- multiples breast feeding class
- early infant care class
- register at hosptial
- babymoon (June)
- finish registry (May-June)
- order boys homecoming outfits
If any mommies/ MoM's have any more suggestions I am super open to them. I want to be as prepared as I can as we enter the danger zone as I am terrified of preterm labor and or hospitalization. I have two more weeks until we start cutting back at work and two and a half more months of work before my last day. I plan to fully utilize my last two months pregnant by taking it easy, sleeping in and watching lots of day time TV to assure they stay snug for as long as possible!
Until next time,
Momma D
XOXO

No comments:
Post a Comment