Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Keeping things interesting

Fall has arrived in the Denman house a few weeks early! Taylor busted out one of my favorite boxes yesterday and this evening I've got the pleasure of supervising the construction of my fall mantel. Before you Scrooges go thinking  I've lost it decorating so early my mother in law wants to snap some family photos this weekend with my fall mantel as the backdrop. We won't be creating our fall porch until we get a little closer to this highly anticipated season change but I'm not complaining about my new leafy scenery to accompany me on my days, (when I say days I mean weeks) spent on the couch. I'm so excited to curl up by a fire with my three favorite guys in just a few more weeks! More reminders that my pregnancy is coming to an end which I've got mixed feelings about but nothing some pumpkin pie won't fix right up.

Now to the good stuff. Nothing is ever boring when it comes to these babies. I spent some time in the labor & delivery testing unit this morning/early afternoon to monitor my corrections that started Tuesday evening. Turns out my uterus just has a bad attitude nothing's progressive which is what we like to hear! So I got to the green light to continue my bed rest at home with the "do nothing" being extra stressed. In the midst of that excitement I took and passed my 3 hour glucose test, thank goodness! I'm such a brat I do not handle diet changes well....I had a hard enough time when I was on metformin but gestational diabetes would've broke me. It was a draining test, but nothing this momma couldn't rock! We celebrated with snow cones on the way home.

In other baby news, growth is looking more promising these days, John (and Hunter) has been packing on the ounces and I've been packing on some extra pounds. Thank goodness! Healthy babies make for a happy mommy and daddy. However my cervix is still....it sucks let's just go with that. And that difficult baby J has been working on the age old question "how low can you go?" adding more pressure to my already weak cervix. Hunter however has shown to be the opposite of his brother is all about that rib cage jungle gym, and being as high as he can be, which as caused nausea and vomiting to make a reappearance. Though a little upset tummy hasn't stopped my ever expanding belly from measuring a whopping 32 weeks. Which reminds me we are roughly 2 weeks shy of our first goal and no more than 8 weeks from meeting John and Hunter! Keep cooking little dudes.

Until next time,
Momma D
Xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment