If you followed my infertility blog you might remember through treatment I talked about the two week wait, the time period in which you are waiting to be able to test and see if you're pregnant. I'm no stranger to the two week wait, it took 20 of them to get us the boys. And you may or may not have caught on but we've known John and Hunters birthday for over a month now, we've just kept it low key information since things seemed to constantly be changing with my pregnancy. But finally here we are, the last two week wait for our miracle babies who will enter the world (if all goes according to plan during this tww) in exactly two weeks bright and early the morning of October 15th!
We started out this pumpkiny month with what was planned to be our very last ultrasound, and let me tell you after 9 months of hour and a half long waits I was ready to kiss the perinatologist's office goodbye for good. But after lots of belly jelly she said "I'll see you in exactly one week". I cringed a little. I like things to go according to plan, almost to a fault. And this was not in my plans. But I've said it a million times "expect the unexpected", I swear I'm learning. I honestly didn't see another growth decline coming, but down to the 15th percentile John seems to love having his picture taken. So long as John can keep his itty bitty booty above the 10th percentile in the next week we will be push on until the 15th. So one more intrauterine photo shoot for the Denman boys it is. I'm pretty sure my doctor sensed my disappointment, she looked at me and said "You did it! You made it much further than it looked like you would!". And she's right, there was a point where it looked like my pregnancy wouldn't see an October breeze, but here we are. Hunter has passed up the mandatory NICU evaluation weight and shouldn't have to leave our sides after birth, we've managed to keep my preterm contractions controlled and to a minimum and I'm so close to our big 36 week goal I can taste it. And even if we are a couple days off from the big goal and we do end up delivering next week, I'm sure lots of baby love will make up for it!
My big 'ol belly is still measuring a good 4-5 weeks ahead of a singleton pregnancy so by the time deliver I will be measuring past full term and oh man is my back paying for it. I'm ready to do some yoga and make up for all the muscle mass bed rest stole from me. All things considering though at almost nine months pregnant with twins I'm feeling petty good. My anti-contraction medicine has me feeling a little run down and each dose usually comes with about an hour long episode of hot flashes, so not running any marathons but I'm doing good. My days are still filled with puppy snuggles, nextflix and naps but I'm hoping to enjoy my last week of pregnancy with no restrictions. Fingers crossed!
This year has been exceptionally rough on our social life, not only with the four months of bed rest but with Taylor's insane work schedule. I'm happy to say that starting this week he's been moved to a Monday-Friday schedule! He'll be on straight nights, which we can live with we are happy with consistency in whichever form it may come! Just in time! Also, I just want to take a minute to say thank you to our friends and family for being so understanding, for coming to us and hanging out instead of going out, and for being the helping hands we so desperately have needed. We seriously could not have pulled everything off the last few months without all of you, so thank you!
Until next time,
Momma D
XOXO
We started out this pumpkiny month with what was planned to be our very last ultrasound, and let me tell you after 9 months of hour and a half long waits I was ready to kiss the perinatologist's office goodbye for good. But after lots of belly jelly she said "I'll see you in exactly one week". I cringed a little. I like things to go according to plan, almost to a fault. And this was not in my plans. But I've said it a million times "expect the unexpected", I swear I'm learning. I honestly didn't see another growth decline coming, but down to the 15th percentile John seems to love having his picture taken. So long as John can keep his itty bitty booty above the 10th percentile in the next week we will be push on until the 15th. So one more intrauterine photo shoot for the Denman boys it is. I'm pretty sure my doctor sensed my disappointment, she looked at me and said "You did it! You made it much further than it looked like you would!". And she's right, there was a point where it looked like my pregnancy wouldn't see an October breeze, but here we are. Hunter has passed up the mandatory NICU evaluation weight and shouldn't have to leave our sides after birth, we've managed to keep my preterm contractions controlled and to a minimum and I'm so close to our big 36 week goal I can taste it. And even if we are a couple days off from the big goal and we do end up delivering next week, I'm sure lots of baby love will make up for it!
My big 'ol belly is still measuring a good 4-5 weeks ahead of a singleton pregnancy so by the time deliver I will be measuring past full term and oh man is my back paying for it. I'm ready to do some yoga and make up for all the muscle mass bed rest stole from me. All things considering though at almost nine months pregnant with twins I'm feeling petty good. My anti-contraction medicine has me feeling a little run down and each dose usually comes with about an hour long episode of hot flashes, so not running any marathons but I'm doing good. My days are still filled with puppy snuggles, nextflix and naps but I'm hoping to enjoy my last week of pregnancy with no restrictions. Fingers crossed!
This year has been exceptionally rough on our social life, not only with the four months of bed rest but with Taylor's insane work schedule. I'm happy to say that starting this week he's been moved to a Monday-Friday schedule! He'll be on straight nights, which we can live with we are happy with consistency in whichever form it may come! Just in time! Also, I just want to take a minute to say thank you to our friends and family for being so understanding, for coming to us and hanging out instead of going out, and for being the helping hands we so desperately have needed. We seriously could not have pulled everything off the last few months without all of you, so thank you!
Until next time,
Momma D
XOXO

No comments:
Post a Comment