Friday, January 23, 2015

Never say never


Disclaimer; when I was pregnant I hated reading or hearing things like what I'm about to write and you're about to read. But the truth is, it was right. Not saying that your realizations will be the same as mine, because they won't be, everyone has their own. But if you're pregnant try not to roll your eyes at me to much and then come back in a few months and read this again with a new perspective. You'll laugh at yourself. And if you take anything from this post just remember, never say never.

This particular posts also feels like a good time for me to remind everyone that all good parents are on the same side despite different beliefs and opinions. So remember "mommy wars" are wrong

Now onto the good stuff. 

It's funny how pregnant Lora and soon to be dad Taylor had if all figured out. If I could go back I would smack some sense into them. We had nothing figured out, no a clue. But the fact of the matter us no one does. Not really. When you bring that baby (or babies in my case) into the world be prepared to have your world ROCKED.
I was going to do it "right" I was going to exclusively tandem breast feed my babies straight from the tap and no one was going to stop me.
No one except Hunter that is. I faced reality on that one quick. Those dreams never once included bottles, living on a pump, weight issues, high calorie formula and sure as heck not a feeding tube. But my new motto - if you're feeding your baby you're doing it right and don't let anyone let you think otherwise, whether if be breast, bottle, a little bit of both, tube, formula, breast milk or half and half. You go momma! 
My babies will sleep in their own beds and their own rooms. Never EVER in our bed.
What. A. Joke. We actually got pretty lucky and they started sleeping through the night early on, I just keep making excuses on why we shouldn't move them. If it was up to my husband we would co-sleep 100% of the time, so he's not the push I get them out of our room any time soon either lol. So, it'll happen when it happens. Currently they start out in their rock and plays on my side of the bed, however that's not always where they wake up.
I will make it to 36 weeks despite my complications because I am super mom and we will all go home together.
HA! We all know how that turned out. I knew what I was in for the first time I came home from antepardum but for some reason I built this mentality up that I was above things not working out the way I planned. I came home to a completely empty house. Taylor was working nights, the dogs were still at my dads, my belly was empty and my babies were an hour away. Oh and effiing burger king ran out of chicky fries during my hospital stay. Ugh.
We will let them cry it out.
Hahaha. NO. I'm a big 'ol sucker who says things like "If all they want is us why would we deny them of that?" and "They just need us to love them" and I mean them. Because now I do believe those things.
They wont take a pacifier because breaking them from it will be hell.
And by my daycare experience in what seemed to be the "pacifier breaking room" it seriously wasn't fun. However in the NICU the pacifier is part of how they learn to eat and that's a big deal around here. John is also obsessed. So there's that too.  
They won't watch TV until their older.
So Hunter totally eats better when cartoons are on, possibly because it's distracting him from what he's actually doing. But seriously, whatever gets this kid to eat I support!
Lastly I vowed to regularly make time for my blog.
Sorry guys. Really I am. Taylor is great however about encouraging me to get at least two post out a month which I have managed, so at least there's that :) if you think my life is interesting to read about (or at least I assume you do other wise I wouldn't have wasted the last year and a half of my life on this) imagine living it. Busy isn't even the word. So as always, thanks for sticking with us! 

Until next time, 
Momma D 
Xoxo

Ps: A special thank you to our friends over at Love & Light Photography for making time to snap some shots of John and Hunter last weekend! What an amazing gift photos are.
Here's one of my favorites:

No comments:

Post a Comment