This picture 110% is the perfect depiction of reality. And not because by any stretch of the imagination do I tandem nurse. Actually it's because I don't. My friend Kayla (owner at Love and Light Photography) recently came over with her kids and newest little to talk mommy things and attempt some girl time. She asked me if I would like a breast feeding picture, I should've told her to take a picture of me kissing my pump. HA! So I popped my comfort nurser on his preferred side and we attempted to pose Hunter who as you all know has struggled with oral feeds so he's "nursed" probably five times in his whole life. He flipped out and screamed at my boob the whole time this causing John to have an equally loud uproar, and all I could do was laugh. Thus capturing this gem - the perfect depiction of my reality.
This picture really got me thinking about my new found chaotic lifestyle. Normally I am a very type A person I like things just so and for my life to run on schedule. My husband calls me queen of the calendar. But before we left the NICU one of Hunter's therapists said to me "you'll realize that life outside of this place doesn't run on a perfect 3 hour schedule" and oh how right she was. So now even though it drove me crazy that John slept in hunters bed last night and Hunter slept in John's I didn't dare move my sleeping babies, who might I add are finally making their way into the nursery 4 and a half months later. I am learning to embrace the chaos that is my life.
So yes there are piles of laundry everywhere, there's breast milk on the counters and my brown leather furniture, there's dog hair on the rug, sometimes dinner comes from a box in the freezer and we seldom run on time. All of that is okay. Because sometimes snuggles are more important or because I need to squeeze in a nap. And while my life may on the outside appear to be a disaster to some people I know that our kids are clean (usually), fed (constantly) and their most importantly happy so even if we are a mess we must be doing something right. So life with John and Hunter isn't the picture of perfection I imagined, but it is truly perfect in its imperfections.
Also this seemed inappropriately appropriate :)
Until next time,
Momma D
xoxo


No comments:
Post a Comment