Bed rest is boring. My life has been far from eventful, or worth writing about.
But I started to think you guys may have forgotten about me so I've mustered up an update!
Most of my time is spent in bed, sometimes I shake it up and hang out in my recliner and the other day I even sat outside on the porch (reclined of course) while Taylor worked on some projects for J&H's bedroom. It was so nice to be outside for a change and the heat hasn't been miserable this summer (by not miserable I mean we're not having days in the 100s and its already late July). The breeze really spiked my optimism, and reminded me we are in the home stretch. By the time I finally emerge to my "normal" life again it will be fall, the weather will be cooler and I will have skipped the Texas summer. I'm looking forward to pumpkin everything, leaves, boots and busting out my fall decor more this year than ever before.
Almost exactly a month (a long month) later it really seems like we've gotten into a routine of making this thing work. It sucks sitting around all day literally just waiting on Taylor to get home, but I've cherished his off days and turn around day more now than ever and they come so slowly go far to quickly. Most days though I've been far from lonely, we really do have some awesome friends and family. We couldn't get through this rough time without them. My sisters spend two days a week here cleaning and taking care of things I can't which has taken a huge load Taylor since he's been working lots of over time. And I can't really complain about the company, sisters are the best, I'm going to miss it when school starts and they aren't at my disposal anymore. I read a lot, watch a lot of tv (F.R.I.E.N.D.S and How I Met Your Mother re-runs are my saving grace), I shop for the boys online, pintrest plan things like fall decor/projects, Christmas fun and yes their first birthday party, and I've found some quick 1-2 step meals I can throw together, because frankly ordering pizza is getting old (I never thought I would say that). Pintrest is a girl on bed rest's best friend, now if only I could sneak away to hobby lobby for supplies I would never get bored.
Our spazzy boys are doing great given our circumstance. They kick and dance all day long, if you're watching at the right time you can see my belly jump from across the room. I've been seeing a rotation of my OBGYN and my high risk specialist once a week since I got released from the hospital. Things are looking good and we're working our way towards birthday goals at the moment, our first one is 30 weeks (August 29th). The hope is that we can keep them cooking until late September to minimize complications, and their nicu stay. All that falls on mister John and his growth progress and if it is more benifital for him/them to be born rather than be in my belly. So we take it week by week these days. I'm doing my best to stuff my face and get some weight on these guys to bulk them up in prep for their early birthday.
Between bed rest and twin pregnancy my back has really started to ache, currently I'm writing this from a'top a heating pad. I'm hoping to get a massage next week, with the approval of my doctor of course. Fingers crossed! Bed rest has not been easy, I'm not the kind of person to lay around for days doing nothing or to let people take care of me it's been a test of my patience....and my sanity. But there are no two other people in the world that I would rather do it for, they're worth every hour I spend "off my feet". I appreciate my pregnancy despite the complications and the difficult days I am grateful to have made it this far and to know that one day in the not so distant future I get to meet the boys behind the reason we fought so hard for both the pregnancy to happen and to maintain it. Pretty soon I will be trading my long days in bed for long nights up nursing, cuddling and tending to my boys and to that I say bring it on, I can't wait!
Until next time, I will be here,
Counting down the days.
Momma D
Xoxo

No comments:
Post a Comment