Thursday, July 24, 2014

Sunday Fun-day!

Following the trend of some of the bloggers I've been connected with through our infertility journey, I decided to start a Sunday Fun-day addition to Keeping Up With The Denmans. Nothing fancy, just going over the highlights of the previous week in The Denman house, something I'm thankful for and what I'm looking forward to in the coming week! Something to keep my spirits up. And my stalkers happy.....justttt kidding. And of course I wont be replacing my normal type posts, this is just something fun for me. I don't know that this will be terribly consistent, as my weeks aren't always ridiculously exciting being on bed rest and then when that's done I will have my hands full with not one but two newborns. Though I've been a lot more consistent about blogging than I thought I would be, so who knows maybe Sunday Fun-day will catch on or maybe it'll be a flop. Only time will tell. Taylor's been riding my butt lately about committing a special day of the week to the blog though, so he'll be happy to see me put his idea to use. Here goes nothin'.


Highlights!  (<-Like what I did there? lol)
Sunday - My dad, sisters and my PawPaw came to visit and celebrate the boys. I only see my PawPaw once to twice a year since he lives so far away so this was an extra special treat not being a holiday. We had lunch from my favorite bbq place, visited, and opened a few presents for our little guys. Once things died down Taylor and I had an "at home date night" with take out from our favorite Mexican place and re-runs of some of our favorite shows. Right now he only gets one weekend off every six weeks, so it was definitely a fun way to end his off weekend.

Wednesday - Few things calm the nerves like good friends. I woke up Wednesday with a case of ultrasound anxiety before my appointment (the norm for me), thankfully my good friend Leah came over with lunch and to recap and rewatch this weeks Pretty Little Liars episode with me, definitely a great start to my day. Taylor and I made it into downtown with good time and had a short wait at the high risk doctor. No one is still to happy with my cervix, bummer. But we did get some absolutely adorable 3D photos of John with his mommy like nose and Hunter with his daddy like nose. And I'll never complain about hearing that my boys are doing well even despite our special situation! Closed Wednesday out with a visit and some junkfood with some childhood friends. Very good day.

Friday - We had a family filled Friday! It was Taylor's off day #1 for this week. Started the morning out with my youngest sister Katie who spent a few hours with us, relaxing and helping around the house. My father in law and his crew joined for lunch for a late celebration of hubbies birthday! And my sister Jill joined us for the evening, she helped Taylor navigate the grocery list and spent the night with us.


Saturday - Saturday some of the ladies in our Taylor family, plus cousin Cameron (not to be confused with my husband Taylor, his mothers maiden name (hubby's namesake) is Taylor therefor our Taylor family is his moms side) came to visit and have a mini shower for the boys! They were totally spoiled by their auntie Margo, Mawmaw Taylor and their Gigi. We had a fabulous time visiting, and laughing and celebrating the boys.

What was thankful for last week!
I'm sure it will come as no shock that this week I'm thankful that John's growth has remained steady. Sometime between May and June John (our baby A) experienced a "rapid decrease in development" he went from averaging 2-3 days behind to falling back to 10 days behind leading the doctors to believe that he's not getting 100% of the nutrients he should be from his placenta. Though he's remaining 10 days behind he's growing steadily, even moving up from the 19th to the 20th percentile and has yet to experience another decrease, and that is news that I'm terribly thankful for. 
Bonus:  And of course I'm thankful that his brother "Hunter: King of the Rib Cage" is continuing to grow right on target and went up from the 31st to 37th percentile in the last 2 weeks!

And what I'm looking forward to in the week to come! 
I started ordering things to revamp our front bathroom so it's more kid like and less blah, lots of bright colors I'm super excited for everything to come in this week. Some of their nursery decor should be arriving too. And at the end of this week August begins, which means we're inching closer to fall!

Until next time,
Momma D
XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment